- UV light causes damage to the DNA of skin cells. Think of a glass which is slowly filled over your lifetime. First it spills over into wrinkles, uneven skin colour and texture, and then eventually it can develop into skin cancer.
- UV light is present all day long even when the sun isn’t shining and even comes through windows (UVA).
- UVA and UVB both cause damage. UVA is a longer ray so it tends to cause damage deeper…like collagen and elastic fibres. UVB is a shorter ray so it tends to damage the outer layer (epidermis) and cause blotchiness and skin cancers.
- Zinc oxide is the only common sun lotion ingredient available that blocks both UVB and UVA most effectively. Look for 10-20%.
- Clothing and hats work! Going for a walk? Sun lotion and a hat make a big difference over time.
Read the bottle. The easiest thing is to look at the Active Ingredients and you want to look for zinc oxide 10-20%.
If you are concerned about the aging of your skin – we offer a range of treatments which can support you to return your youthful glow! Learn more about our Anti-Wrinkle Injections here or our Microneedling & Dermarolling treatment which can support the recovery of skin pigmentation damage here.