Advanced electrolysis is one of the least invasive and most reliable method of treating a wide variety of cosmetic skin imperfections.
With many years of advanced training and experience, at PURE holistic, we can use Advanced Electrolysis treatments to help with a variety of skin conditions and blemishes including; warts, moles, skin tags, hair in moles, blood spots, spider veins, seborrheic warts and verrucas.
Take a look at some of our fantastic results…
Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions about our Advanced Electrolysis treatments…
How does Advanced Electrolysis work?
PURE’s experienced and highly trained aesthetic therapist use a minute sterilised and disposable needle which is applied lightly to the surface of your skin. A low safe current produces a heating effect, which when applied to the skin blemish, causes the structure and its contents to coagulate.Your skin then begins the healing process, allowing the dead skin cells which were involved in the electrolysis process to push up to the surface of the skin and flake off, in the same way as a tiny cut would heal.
What are the benefits of Advanced Electrolysis?
Advanced Electrolysis allows us to be able to target very specific parts of the body and to remove or correct skin conditions such as skin tags, moles, verrucas, blood spots, birth marks and warts.
It sounds painful...does it hurt?
With Advanced Electrolysis, there are different methods used and different types of probes to choose from which are all consist of minimal pain or discomfort. When you come for a consultation, we’ll be able to decide on the best course of treatment for you.
Do I need to do any prep before treatment?
Before having any Electrolysis treatments, we would provide the following advice:
- Avoid using retinols, exfoliants, serums or creams that maybe drying or irritating to the skin, this includes salicylic acids and benzoyl peroxides. If these type of products are within your normal skincare routine discontinue use at least 5-7 days prior to your appointment.
- Avoid any aggressive skin treatments before your treatment, including Accutane (for at least 6 months)
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, sunburn or sunbeds for at least 2 weeks before treatment.
- Drink plenty of water on the day of your treatment, stay hydrated, your skin will recover quicker.
- Before arriving for your treatment make sure you have eaten.
- Stop wearing fake tanning products at least 2 weeks before your treatment.
- If you regularly wax, you must have waited at least 7 days since the last wax on the treatment area as to not irritate the skin.
- If you regularly shave, you can shave on the day before treatment but only if it’s an area you would normally shave.
- Stop taking supplements such as Vitamin E or fish oils before treatment but only if they are not prescribed by a GP.
- Anti-inflammatories can act as blood thinner, causing bruising and should be stopped 4 days before treatment, if you’re taking these because they’re are prescribed, please consulate your GP before stopping.
What can I expect after treatment?
- Redness, swelling and sensitivity of the skin in the area which has been treated up to 48 hours
- The treated area and surrounding skin may feel hot for up to 48 hours
- Small scabs may appear within the treated area
- The skin may itch as the healing process takes place
When will I see the results from my treatment?
Some people can achieve some major improvements in up to a month after treatment. Some conditions will require continued treatments at PURE Holistic Beauty to deliver the best results possible.