Microneedling and Dermarolling are cosmetic procedures in which hundreds of tiny sterile needles are inserted into the surface of the skin, using either a stamping device or a roller. It is an ideal treatment for areas of your skin that may have had skin concerns in the past such as; acne or chickenpox scarring, or fine lines and skin discolouration. These treatments also aren’t just for the face but can also be used in many other areas of the body, including your neck, legs, arms, inner thighs, abdomen, or back.
At PURE Holistic Beauty we can customise microneedling or dermarolling treatments to any part of the body that you many have concerns with. We can treat any skin type, dependant on your medical history.
Learn more about what to expect with your treatment below or book your appointment now…
How does Microneedling and Dermarolling work?
These treatments work by causing tiny microscopic wounds in your skin, which induces the body to produce fibroblast elastin and collagen. This awesome protein is what keeps you looking youthful and fabulous.
As your skin ages, change often happens, such as rougher texture, loss of elastin tissue, loss of collagen, thinning of the skin (more transparent appearance) your skin can also become drier. Dermarolling and Microneedling treatments will help to rebuild the skin, by naturally encouraging the skin to produce elastin fibres and collagen to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
What are the benefits of Microneedling and Dermarolling?
The benefits of Microneedling or Dermarolling treatment includes:
- Reduced acne scarring
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Improved wrinkles and fine lines
- Stretch marks reduced and softened
- Enhanced product absorption
- Pigmentation and skin discolouration improvement
- Encouraged hair growth on male patterned baldness
- Reduced appearance of large pores
- Returned glow and youthful looking skin.
Will this treatment tighten my skin?
Microneedling and Dermarolling don’t only help to correct problem areas on damaged skin, they also have the added benefit of tightening up loose skin, making it an incredibly popular treatment for both men and women.
The micro injuries to the skin causes by these treatments trigger the skin’s own wound healing response. As a result of this, the body will produce collagen and this collagen creates the appearance of smaller pores and tighter skin. Collagen will build healthy, more supple, even-toned, smoother skin, which will also give the appearance of reduced pore size.
How can Dermarolling and Microneedling help with Hair Loss?
Just like the skin on your face, the scalp also loses collagen as you age, which results in slower hair growth and dormant hair follicles. 70-75% of skin is made up of collagen, which also includes the skin on your scalp. So, while collagen is mostly known as a protein that helps keep your face looking firm and youthful, it’s also essential for hair health too.
Collagen and hair follicles exist within the same layers of the skin – the dermis. As we age, the production of collagen will slow down, which will affect the strength of your hair follicles too. Micro-needling or Dermarolling are treatments that will encourage your natural production of collagen protein and will encourage wound healing molecules, such as growth factors, to rejuvenate the scalp and improve follicular growth. This will also bring blood flow and nutrients to the scalp, inducing new stem cells that support hair growth.
It sounds painful...does it hurt?
Despite the fact that microneedling and dermarolling may sound a bit intimidating, they are actually both considered to be minimally invasive treatments with very limited ‘recovery’ time. We professionally apply a numbing cream to the skin which means you’ll barely feel any of the treatment taking place whatsoever – so you can just sit back and relax!
Do I need to do any prep before treatment?
Before having any Microneedling or Dermarolling treatments, we would provide the following advice:
- Avoid using retinols, exfoliants, serums or creams that maybe drying or irritating to the skin, this includes salicylic acids and benzoyl peroxides. If these type of products are within your normal skincare routine discontinue use at least 5-7 days prior to you micro-needling derma-rolling appointment session.
- Take every precaution to prevent cold-sores if you are prone to them. We will not be able to treat you at PURE Holistic Beauty if you have an active cold sore on the day of your treatment.
- Avoid any aggressive skin treatments before you treatment session for micro-needling, including Accutane (for at least 6 months)
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, sunburn or sunbeds for at least 2 weeks before treatment.
- Drink plenty of water on the day of your treatment, stay hydrated, your skin will recover quicker.
- Before arriving for your treatment make sure you have eaten.
- Stop wearing fake tanning products at least 2 weeks before your treatment.
- If you regularly wax, you must have waited at least 7 days since the last wax on the treatment area as to not irritate the skin.
- If you regularly shave, you can shave on the day before treatment but only if it’s an area you would normally shave.
- Stop taking supplements such as Vitamin E or fish oils before treatment but only if they are not prescribed by a GP.
- Anti-inflammatories can act as blood thinner, causing bruising and should be stopped 4 days before treatment, if you’re taking these because they’re are prescribed, please consulate your GP before stopping.
What can I expect after treatment?
For up to 7 days after treatment, your skin maybe rough in texture, flaky, dry or peeling. This is all common – you should not over cleanse your skin and only use your regular moisturiser.
After 7 days, many clients report a reduction in rough texture and a smoother complexion. Your skin will look visibly clearer and more radiant, wrinkles will appear reduced, your skin will be more hydrated.
When will I see the results from my treatment?
Some people can achieve some major improvements in acne scarring and wrinkling with as little as two to three treatment sessions, but keep in mind if you have years and years and years of sun damaged or ageing skin – you’ll need continued treatments at PURE Holistic Beauty to deliver the best results possible.